The Paarl Gimnasium XV Dream Team is compiled of only Old Boys that’s still actively playing rugby around the world.
Paarl Gimnasium XV Dream Team 2012
1. Jacobie Adriaanse (Lions)
2. Bertus O Callaghan (Namibia)
3. Roussouw de Klerk (Bulls)
4. Tertius Daniller (WP Vodacom Cup)
5. Niel Claassen (Cheetahs u21)
6. Schalk Burger (Springboks)
7. Helmut Lehman (SA Students & WP Vodacom Cup)
8. Ashley Johnson (Springboks)
9. Dewaldt Duvenage (Stormers)
10. Handre Pollard (SA u20)
11. Johann Sadie (Bulls)
12. Jean de Villiers (Cpt) (Springboks)
13. Marius Joubert (Springboks)
14. Dylan Des Fountain (Lions)
15. Hennie Daniller (Cheetahs)
16. Lourens Adriaanse (Cheetahs)
17. BG Uys (SA Barbarians) / Johan Schoombee (Lock – Hawks Bay Rugby Union in New Zealand)
18. Ruan Smith (Queensland Reds in Australia)
19. Jean Roussouw (SWD) / Ryan Nell (SA Sevens) / Chris Jordaan (Wing – Sharks Vodacom Cup)
20. Louis Schreuder (Stormers) / Marnus Hugo (Griquas)
21. Andre Kemp (SA Students) / Ricardo Croy (SWD)
22. Andre Smith (SA Students) / Jurgen Visser (Blue Bulls Vodacom Cup) / Jean Stemmet (Griquas) / Stokkies Hanekom (SWD)
Old Boys Coaching team:
Alan Zondagh (Head Coach)
Louis Koen (Kicking coach & currently Springbok kicking coach)
Balie Swart (Scrum coach & former Bok scrum coach)
De Wet Barry (EP Kings & Backline coach)
Pieter Roussouw (currently Blue Bulls backline coach)
Chris Roussouw (currently Maties backline coach)
Director of Rugby:
Jurie Roux (Paarl Gim Old Boy) which is currently CEO of SA Rugby (Pty) Ltd
Our SuperSport Rugby commentators would be Kobus Wiese (Paarl Gim Old Boy) as well as Elma Smit “Lady Rugga” is a Paarl Gimnasium Old Young Girl!
Please send your school XV DREAM TEAM 2012 to email@example.com with a write up so we can add to the website.
You can also add any players you feel should be in this squad by commenting below.
Rugby enthusiasts are fanatical in their support for their national, regional and local teams. They travel longs distances to attend matches, view broadcasts on television and also the re-broadcasts later in the week! They follow the discussions on television, radio, newspapers and the many rugby websites. They wish to know more and are hungry for information!