Eddie Jones has named his England side for their opening Guinness Six Nations match against Scotland this weekend.
England will travel to Edinburgh on Thursday [3 February] as they continue preparations for the Calcutta Cup tie on Saturday (4.45pm KO).
Tom Curry will captain England, with Luke Cowan-Dickie (hooker), Ellis Genge (prop) and Henry Slade (inside centre) named as vice captains.
Ben Youngs is at scrum half, Marcus Smith is at fly half and Elliot Daly is outside centre.
Joe Marchant has returned to the side after completing COVID isolation protocols at left wing, with Max Malins on right wing and Freddie Steward at full back.
Kyle Sinckler starts at prop and Maro Itoje and Nick Isiekwe are locks. Lewis Ludlam is blind-side flanker and Sam Simmonds is No. 8.
Jamie George, Joe Marler, Will Stuart, Charlie Ewels, Alex Dombrandt, Harry Randall, George Ford and Jack Nowell are named as finishers.
Jones said: “As the first game, this match is hugely important to both sides and we will both want to get off to a winning start.
“We have a good, young team but we understand the task ahead and we’ll be ready to go after it from the first kick.
“Tom Curry will captain the side for this game and has the respect of the team around him, in Owen and Courtney’s absence. He also has the support of the vice captains and other leaders in the team such as Maro Itoje and Ben Youngs.
“We have prepared really well for this game. We’ve had a number of obstacles thrown at us, but we’ve overcome them as a more together group and we’re looking forward to getting started.”
Scotland v England is live on BBC 1 and BBC Radio 5 Live.
- Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, 5 caps)
- Max Malins (Saracens, 10 caps)
- Elliot Daly (Saracens, 52 caps)
- Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 43 caps)
- Joe Marchant (Harlequins, 7 caps)
- Marcus Smith (Harlequins, 5 caps)
- Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 112 caps)
- Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 31 caps)
- Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 31 caps)
- Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 47 caps)
- Maro Itoje (Saracens, 51 caps)
- Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, 3 caps)
- Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 10 caps)
- Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 36 caps) (C)
- Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs, 9 caps)
- Jamie George (Saracens, 61 caps)
- Joe Marler (Harlequins, 74 caps)
- Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 15 caps)
- Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 26 caps)
- Alex Dombrandt (Harlequins, 4 caps)
- Harry Randall (Bristol Bears, 2 caps)
- George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 77 caps)
- Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 34 caps)