England U18s have named their side to face Wales for Tuesday’s second fixture of the U18 International Series in South Africa.
The side were beaten 41-21 by France on Friday in their opening game of the tournament and take on Wales in Stellenberg (14 August, 1.15pm BST, live on S4C).
Coaches Steve Bates and Jim Mallinder have made 11 changes with backs Tom Roebuck and Josh Gillespie as well as forwards George Hammond and Jack Clement retaining their places.
Flanker Fin Rossiter will captain the side with tour skipper Alfie Barbeary among the replacements.
To reflect a change in the England pathway calendar the group in South Africa are predominately U17s with the tour now marking the start of the U18 international season, as well as their England journey.
The squad in South Africa is coached by Bates and Mallinder, who are being assisted by Mark Luffman as well as Nick Kennedy.
England end their tournament against South Africa Schools on Saturday, 18 August (KO 1.05pm BST).
Steve Bates said: “I’ve been really impressed with the players since Friday’s opening fixture. They have showed the right level of disappointment that you would think appropriate for a group of young players such as this but they have also shown a great deal of maturity in being able to put it behind them and move on.
“We did a lot of very good things against the French but there was a difference in physicality which caused us some problems early on. However, once we came to terms with that and settled down we played some good rugby and that is what we have to focus on and continue to make progress in every session and game that we play.
“The last few days have been about improvement. The squad showed against France some real spirit and courage and I’m expecting that again on Tuesday. This is a very young team, not just in age but playing time together so while this is an international fixture our focus should be on development and progress.”
15. Will Haydon-Wood – Newcastle Falcons (Sedbergh School)
14. Jack Bates – Bristol Bears (SGS Filton)
13. Tom Roebuck – Sale Sharks (Wirral Grammar)
12. Phil Cokanasiga – London Irish (St Pauls College)
11. Josh Gillespie – Northampton Saints (Millfield School)
10. George Barton – Gloucester Rugby (Dean Close School)
9. Raffi Quirke – Sale Sharks (St Ambrose College),
1. Rowan Mullis – Gloucester Rugby (Hartpury College)
2. Sam Riley – – Harlequins (St George’s Weybridge)
3. Jack Hughes – Northampton Saints (Uppingham School)
4. George Hammond – Harlequins (Whitgift School)
5. Chunya Munga – London Irish (Leighton Park School)
6. Archie Smeaton – Yorkshire Carnegie (Hymers College)
7. Fin Rossiter (captain) – London Irish (Wellington College)
8. Jack Clement – Gloucester Rugby (Cheltenham College)
16. Alfie Barbeary – Wasps (Bloxham School)
17. James Whitcombe – Leicester Tigers (Woodhouse Grove)
18. Harvey Beaton – Saracens (Sutton Valence)
19. George Martin – Leicester Tigers (Brooksby Melton College)
20. Harry Dugmore – Harlequins (Whitgift School),
21. Nahum Merigan – Bath Rugby (Beechen Cliff School)
22. Callum Pascoe – Northampton Saints (Millfield School)
23. Tom Curtis – Sale Sharks (Sedbergh School)
24. Josh Hallett – Saracens (New Hall School)
25. Louis Lynagh – Harlequins (Hampton School)
26. Lennox Anyanwu – Harlequins (Christ’s Hospital)
Aon U18 International Series fixtures:
Friday, 10 August 2018 (at Boland Landbou)
England 21-41 France
SA Schools 43-40 Wales
Tuesday, 14 August 2018 (at Stellenberg)
1.15pm BST – Wales v England
3pm – SA Schools v France
Saturday, 18 August 2018 (at SACS)
11.15am BST – France vs Wales
1.05pm BST – SA Schools vs England