1.Nick Malouf (vc), University of Queensland, 33 caps
2. Jesse Parahi (vc), Norths (Sydney), 42 caps
3. Michael Wells, Norths (Sydney), 6 caps
4. Simon Kennewell, Randwick, 14 caps
5. Jeral Skelton, Brothers, 9 caps
6. Henry Hutchison, Randwick, 21 caps
7. Liam McNamara, Sunnybank, 11 caps
8. Brandon Quinn, Gordon, 13 caps
9. Rod Davies*, Western Force
10. Lewis Holland (c), Queanbeyan, 42 caps
11. John Porch, Norths (Sydney), 22 caps
12. Ben O’Donnell, Randwick, 14 caps
13th Dylan Pietsch
Former Vodafone Super Rugby Champion Rod Davies will join the Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens team in Vancouver for the Canada Sevens this weekend.
Davies, who is now a squad member with the Western Force, won the 2011 Super Rugby title with the Queensland Reds before earning his sole Wallabies cap against Samoa the same year.
Known as “Rocket Rod”, the 29-year old recently joined the Australia Sevens squad to train with the team before competing at the Kiama Sevens.
The Aussie 7s will meet New Zealand, Spain and France in Pool C at the Canada Sevens in Vancouver this coming weekend.
Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens Head Coach, Tim Walsh said: “Vancouver marks the second half of the season and we need to be smarter, faster and mentally stronger on the home stretch.
“Acquiring Rocket (Davies) has been a fortuitous bonus and enabled the Sevens program and Rugby Australia to build relationships with the Western Force.
“Rod is one of the fastest players in Australian Rugby and the strategy will be to get him into space to showcase his speed.”
Australia remain in sixth position on the HSBC Sevens World Series ladder, trailing South Africa (67) and England (68).
The USA leads the overall series, having won the USA 7s on Monday on 98 points with New Zealand (93) and Fiji (84) rounding out the top three places.
All matches will be broadcast LIVE on FOX SPORTS and Kayo.
Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens Fixtures:
Sunday 10 March
Australia v Spain, 4.52am AEDT
Australia v France, 8.21am AEDT
Australia v New Zealand, 12.15pm AEDT