- Joe Pincus (vc), Easts (Sydney), 7 caps
- Jeral Skelton, Brothers, 15 caps
- Henry Hutchison, Randwick, 27 caps
- Simon Kennewell, Randwick, 20 caps
- Jesse Parahi, Norths (Sydney),45 caps
- Sean McMahon, Suntory, 20 caps
- Lewis Holland, Queanbeyan, 47 caps
- Josh Coward, Souths (Melbourne), 6 caps
- Josh Turner, Manly, 1 cap
- Lachlan Miller, Randwick, 7 caps
- Trae Williams, 1 cap
- Rod Davies, 1 cap
13th, Matthew Hood, Sydney University, 6 caps
The Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens team has been bolstered by the return of captain, Lewis Holland alongside speedster Rod Davies for the side’s campaign in round two of the HSBC Sevens World Series in Cape Town this weekend.
As announced earlier this week Qantas Wallaby, Sean McMahon will also join the team to begin his own potential journey to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Australia will meet Ireland, Kenya and Samoa as they look to top Pool D in the Western Cape of South Africa and gain valuable series points having finished round one in fifth place with 13 points.
Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens Head Coach Tim Walsh said: “Bringing Lewis, Sean and Rod into the squad will freshen us up in a tough second round where we have to back up quickly.
“We want to be a team that is constantly cracking that top four and we were disappointed to miss out last week.
“Ireland, Kenya and Samoa will bring three different styles of Sevens Rugby from all over the world, so it’s up to us to make sure we control how we want to play and play to our strengths.”
All matches will be broadcast LIVE on FOX SPORTS.
Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens Fixtures, Cape Town
Saturday 14 December
Australia v Ireland, 1.37am AEDT
Australia v Kenya, 7.57pm AEDT
Sunday 15 December
Australia v Samoa, 2.09am AEDT