Michael Cheika’s side for Qantas Wallabies trial at Leichhardt Oval, Friday 3 August, 6.45pm AEST
- Scott Sio (Brumbies)
- Folau Faingaa (Brumbies)
- Jermaine Ainsley (Melbourne Rebels)
- Adam Coleman (Melbourne Rebels)
- Rory Arnold (Brumbies)
- Adam Korczyk (Queensland Reds)
- David Pocock – captain (Brumbies)
- Caleb Timu (Queensland Reds)
- Will Genia (Melbourne Rebels)
- Hamish Stewart (Queensland Reds)
- Jack Maddocks (Melbourne Rebels)
- Billy Meakes (Melbourne Rebels)
- Reece Hodge (Melbourne Rebels)
- Marika Koroibete (Melbourne Rebels)
- Tom Banks (Brumbies)
- Tetera Faulkner (Melbourne Rebels)
- Brandon Paenga-Amosa (Queensland Reds)
- Taniela Tupou (Queensland Reds)
- Izack Rodda (Queensland Reds)
- Harry Hockings (Queensland Reds)
- Lukhan Tui (Queensland Reds)
- Liam Wright (Queensland Reds)
- Isi Naisarani (Melbourne Rebels)
- Joe Powell (Brumbies)
- 25.Jed Holloway (NSW Waratahs)
- 26.Jordan Petaia (Queensland Reds)
- 27.Sefa Naivalu (Melbourne Rebels)
- 28.Jake Gordon (NSW Waratahs)
Pocock captain for Bledisloe Cup trial
Michael Cheika has confirmed his matchday squad ahead of tomorrow (Friday) night’s Bledisloe Cup trial at Leichhardt Oval in Sydney, which is free for all to attend.
The Qantas Wallabies coach will use an extended squad to fine tune their match preparations ahead of the Bledisloe opener in Sydney on August 18 at ANZ Stadium.
Rolling substitutions will be permitted for Friday night’s trial with the broader squad to each receive substantial playing minutes.
David Pocock will captain the side in the absence of Michael Hooper as he overcomes a hamstring strain.
Reece Hodge will start at outside centre after injuries grounded Samu Kerevi and Tevita Kuridrani while young Queenslander Hamish Stewart will steer the ship from flyhalf.
Jed Holloway and Jake Gordon have both been rewarded for their fine Vodafone Super Rugby form while some members of the NSW Waratahs were not considered for selection after bowing out of the finals last weekend.
The Bledisloe Cup trial has partnered with ‘We Love Rugby’, Australia’s largest and most respected rugby tour operator, and will offer a special raffle for all attendees on Friday night.
Each attendee will receive a free raffle ticket and go into the draw to win two tickets to the third Bledisloe Cup clash of 2018 in Tokyo, Japan as well as flights and accommodation. For more information on We Love Rugby, please visit here.
The Wallabies have confirmed their playing jersey for the clash with the 2018/19 Captain’s Run kit to be worn in a game for the first time. The jersey is available to purchase here.
Tomorrow night’s clash will also be live and free to all Australians, as well as Wallabies fans around the world, with the game to be streamed on RUGBY.com.au.
Fans will be welcome to ‘Take to the Turf’ following full-time at Leichhardt Oval before getting up close and personal with their favourite players.
Tickets are on sale now for the 2018 Bledisloe Cup in Sydney as well as Mitsubishi Estate Rugby Championship Test matches in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. For tickets, visit ticketek.com.au.