The St.George Queensland Reds have named their side to take on the Fiji Warriors in their final pre-season match at Ballymore Stadium tomorrow night at 7:00pm.
The match will be the first chance for Reds fans to see the return of flyhalf Jono Lance and fullback Aidan Toua, who have been named as starters for the first time since re-signing with the club.
The 26-man squad features 19 players with previous Super Rugby experience, along with a number of players who have progressed through Queensland Rugby Union’s Under-20s and National Rugby Championship pathways in recent years.
The starting side features 14 capped Reds players, along with uncapped hooker Brandon Paenga-Amosa – who has already featured for the Reds in their intra-squad trial and the Brisbane Global Rugby Tens.
The bench also features new Reds JP Smith, Filipo Daugunu and Teti Tela.
The match is the Reds’ final fixture before their Vodafone Super Rugby season commences with an away match against the Melbourne Rebels next Friday 23 February.
Reds head coach Brad Thorn said: “Everyone is looking forward to getting back to Ballymore for our final pre-season match.
“The team has had a couple of hit outs now, but tomorrow’s match is our first proper 15s clash, so we’ll be looking to get plenty out of it as we start our preparations for our opening match of the season.
“It’s good to be able to welcome Jono and Aidan into the team for the first time. They’ve been training with us for a little bit now so are itching to get involved.
“We don’t have many opportunities to play at Ballymore and the players love running out onto that turf, so it would be great to see a big crowd gather to watch us play the Fijian Warriors.”
Fan are encouraged to buy their tickets online prior to the match, to receive a discounted price. Tickets are available at http://bit.ly/2CeIsXY.
Reds v Fiji Warriors ticket prices
|Reds Member Discount — ONLINE ONLY —||$10.00||$22.00|
*Junior discounts apply to any child under the age of 16 as at 1 January, 2018. Children under the age of 4 may attend St.George Queensland Reds home games free of charge, however they will not be provided with a separate seat.
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Fiji Warriors 7:00pm, Thursday 15 February, Ballymore Stadium
1. James Slipper – Bond University
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank (uncapped)
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Lukhan Tui – Souths
5. Kane Douglas – Norths
6. Caleb Timu – Souths
7. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
8. Scott Higginbotham (C) – Wests
9. James Tuttle – GPS
10. Jono Lance – University of Queensland
11. Izaia Perese – Easts
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
13. Samu Kerevi – Souths
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
15. Aidan Toua – Easts
16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. JP Smith – GPS
18. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
19. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland (uncapped)
20. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland (uncapped)
21. Moses Sorovi – University of Queensland
22. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests (uncapped)
26. Liam Wright – Easts (uncapped)
27. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland (uncapped)
28. Teti Tela – Souths (uncapped)