It has been alleged that SA Rugby was aware of an inquiry into Jurie Roux’s employment at Stellenbosch University at the time of his appointment as SA Rugby CEO in 2010.
Mr Oregan Hoskins, president of the South African Rugby Union, would like to refute that claim with the following facts:
· The appointment of the SA Rugby CEO in 2010 was handled entirely by an external, independent recruitment company
· The recruitment company received all applications; prepared a shortlist; interviewed candidates and made a recommendation to the General Council of SA Rugby.
· The recommendation of the consultants was accepted by the General Council
· None of the candidates was interviewed or had any other type of engagement with SA Rugby officials before the appointment
· The recommendation in regard to Jurie Roux did not include any suggestion of an inquiry into his employment at Stellenbosch